This is just one ‘good practice’ example of a planned project. Your project may not be able to specify this level of detail.
- A programme designed to improve the life chances and outcomes for 16 care leavers through a range of training and support.
- To improve the confidence of care leavers
- To improve the mental and emotional health of care leavers
- To deliver NVQ training that improves their employability
Need and demand
- Various studies (quote them) have indicated that care leavers are less confident, suffering more mental and emotional health issues than the general population. This occurs as a result of….
- The unemployment rate amongst care leavers nationally is x% compared with y% of the general population
- We have a waiting list of care leavers (details; numbers) who want to access a variety of courses but have no funding to do so
Objectives / planned actions
- We will run a programme of weekly sessions for 18 weeks that address self-esteem and build confidence
- We will provide 3 qualified counsellors who will be available for the care leavers, providing up to 6 individual appointments for each care leaver, to help address mental and emotional issues
- We will provide NVQ training sessions run by 2 qualified trainers in 3 subject areas, each leading to an NVQ level 2 award (8 x 3 hour training sessions per subject)
- Will include: trainers fees; facility hire; equipment and materials; administration and staff costs; NVQ (exam) fees
- We are including a request for 8% of the project costs as a contribution to our organisation’s overheads (see attached sheet of organisation costs that exceed this 8% figure)
- Sign up care leavers; recruit trainers; book facilities; run programmes, etc. (See Objectives/planned actions above)
what has been done/delivered – easily measured
- 16 care leavers signed up and attending sessions (with average 75% attendance rate)
- 18 weekly confidence sessions held by December
- Number of passes at NVQ level 2
- Provision of 16 x 6 counselling opportunities
changes in feelings, behaviour or knowledge resulting from your project; benefits to people or communities
- By December, 80% of attendees will express that they feel more confidence than at the start of the programme
- By December, 50% of those attending 6 sessions of counselling will express improved feelings, as measured on CORE forms (emotional/mental health assessment questionnaires)
- By March of following year, 50% will have had job interviews and 25% will be in employment
- Admin staff hired
- Sign-up of 16 care leavers by end March
- Recruitment of 2 trainers and 3 counsellors by end March
- Facilities all booked in April
- Programmes start June
- NVQ’s assessed October
- Programmes complete December.